I know it's been a while since I've updated my blog. In no particular order of importance, here is a list of interesting highlights over the last several months.
- Creating a new series of Kaleido Jewels, which are created by transmuting photos of my acrylic paintings. So basically, art from my own self-sampled art.
- Setting up my second show at How Weird 2017 - the annual gathering which celebrated 50 years of the Summer of Love. It's one of my favorite events because I get to create a series of "street art."
- My first group exhibition outside of San Francisco, at the Pacific Art League in downtown Palo Alto!
- Group exhibitions at City Arts, a local favorite co-op gallery in the heart of the Mission District. Serious local talent - do go check it out. There are monthly rotating artists, so it keeps things fresh.
- A solo exhibition at Philz Coffee by the iconic San Francisco Ferry Building through the month of August.
- Participating at the SF edition of Pancakes and Booze - a national art show with, as the name implies: free pancakes, drinks, amazing DJs and a great crowd! Different from a normal art exhibition and a fun weekend overall.
I've created a little photo story that capture some of the highlights over the last few months.
"Summer of Weird" at the Annual How Weird Festival
How Weird celebrates a diverse group of talented artists - ranging from musicians, visual artists and body painters. This 2017 edition was no different. I absolutely love the energized crowds. Also, it's an avenue for me to explore street art, something I don't normally get exposed to.
Celebrating "Summer of Love" at Philz
Solo exhibition celebrating the 50th anniversary of "Summer of Love" at Philz Coffee by the San Francisco Ferry Building